Paying for What You Use
With Amazon Route 53, you don’t have to pay any upfront fees or commit to the number of queries the service answers for your domain. Like with other AWS services, you pay as you go and only for what you use:
- Managing hosted zones: You pay a monthly charge for each hosted zone managed with Route 53.
- Serving DNS queries: You incur charges for every DNS query answered by the Amazon Route 53 service, except for queries to Alias A records that are mapped to Elastic Load Balancing instances, Cloud Front distributions, VPC endpoints, which are provided at no additional charge.
Your monthly bill will list your total usage and the amount for the Amazon Route 53 service separately from other AWS services.
Hosted Zones and Records
- ¥3.575 per hosted zone / month for the first 25 hosted zones
- ¥0.715 per hosted zone / month for additional hosted zones
The monthly hosted zone prices listed above are not prorated for partial months. A hosted zone is charged at the time it's created and on the first day of each subsequent month. To allow testing, a hosted zone that is deleted within 12 hours of creation is not charged, however, any queries on that hosted zone will still incur charges at the rates below.
An additional charge applies for a hosted zone that contains more than 10,000 records.
Need more than 500 hosted zones or more than 10,000 records in a hosted zone? Please contact us.
The following query prices are prorated; for example, a hosted zone with 100,000 standard queries / month would be charged ¥0.286 and a hosted zone with 100,000 Latency-Based Routing queries / month would be charged ¥0.143
- ¥2.86 per million queries – first 1 Billion queries / month
- ¥1.43 per million queries – over 1 Billion queries / month
Latency Based Routing Queries
- ¥4.29 per million queries – first 1 Billion queries / month
- ¥2.15 per million queries – over 1 Billion queries / month
Geo DNS Queries
- ¥5.01 per million queries -- first 1 Billion queries / month
- ¥2.50 per million queries -- over 1 Billion queries / month
We charge the standard rate for the following DNS queries:
- Queries for which the domain name or subdomain name matches a record name but not the record type. For example, suppose you create a record for acme.example.com and specify a type of A. If we receive queries for acme.example.com with a type of AAAA, we'll charge for those queries. Some browsers automatically send both "A" and "AAAA" queries for a specified domain or subdomain name, so we recommend that you create both "A" and "AAAA" records where applicable.
- Queries for a record that doesn't exist (w.example.com).
Queries for qualifying alias records are provided at no additional cost to Route 53 customers. You can create alias records for AWS resources, such as:
- Elastic Load Balancers
- Amazon CloudFront distributions
For a complete list of the AWS resource types that are supported for alias records, see Alias Target in the Amazon Route 53 Developer Guide.
DNS queries are free when both of the following are true:
- The domain or subdomain name (example.com or acme.example.com) and the record type (A) in the query match an alias record.
- The alias target is an AWS resource other than another Route 53 record.
We charge the standard rate for DNS queries for which the domain name and type match a record, but the alias target of the record is a non-alias record in the same hosted zone. We do not charge for DNS queries if you create a chain of alias records that reference other alias records, and the last alias record in the chain references an AWS resource such as an ELB load balancer. For example, suppose a.example.com is an alias record that references another alias record, b.example.com. If b.example.com routes traffic to an AWS resource such as an ELB load balancer, DNS queries are free for both a.example.com and b.example.com.
Get Started With DNS Failover At No Additional Cost*
New and existing customers can create up to 50 health checks for AWS endpoints** that are within or linked to the same AWS account.
|AWS Endpoints||Non-AWS Endpoints|
|Basic Health Checks||¥3.58* per health check / month||¥4.75 per health check / month|
|Optional health check features: HTTPS; String Matching; Fast Interval; Latency Measurement||¥7.15 / month per optional feature||¥14.30 / month per optional feature|
The monthly health check prices listed above are prorated for partial months.
Need more than 200 health checks? Please contact us.
* New and existing customers are not charged for health checks on up to 50 AWS endpoints (described below) that are within or linked to their AWS account (the “Offer”). The Offer is subject to the Western Cloud Data Customer Agreement for AWS (Ningxia Region) and is a Special Pricing Program under the AWS Service Terms for AWS (Ningxia Region). You will be charged AWS’s standard rates for any use that exceeds the usage amount provided at no additional cost under the Offer. Unused usage amounts remaining at the end of the Offer term do not roll over. When calculating your use of AWS services under the Offer, we will aggregate your use across all AWS China regions.
** An "AWS endpoint" is a resource running within AWS (e.g., an Amazon EC2 instance) that is provisioned within the same AWS account as the health check or billed to the same account as the health check. Calculated health checks and metric based health checks are billed as health checks of an AWS endpoint. You are not billed for health checks of Elastic Load Balancing resources. Health checks of Elastic Load Balancing resources are provisioned automatically by AWS and are available for no additional charge as part of Amazon Route 53.
Route 53 VPC DNS
Queries that resolve locally to your Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) will not be charged.