What does this Amazon Web Services Solution do?
Lambda@Edge is a feature of Amazon CloudFront that lets you run code closer to users of your application, which improves performance and reduces latency. With Lambda@Edge, you don't have to provision or manage infrastructure in multiple locations around the world. You pay only for the compute time you consume - there is no charge when your code is not running.
This solution offers a collection of Lambda@Edge applications, covering most common Lambda@Edge user scenarios. All the Lambda@Edge applications in this solution can be directly deployed into Amazon Web Services console.
The Lambda@Edge collection is part of "CloudFront-Extentions" GitHub project. Anyone in the open source community is welcomed to contribute to the project.
Amazon Web Services Solution Overview
- Authentication, e.g. authenticate with Amazon Cognito, add security headers into request headers.
- Validation, e.g. perform MD5 checksum and determine when return to the origin.URL Rewrite, e.g. rewrite URL according to the cookie information.
- URL Redirect, e.g. return related content according to the device type.
- Override Request, e.g. modify the response status code.
- Override Response, e.g. standardize the query.
- Origin Selection, e.g. forward request to the nearest CDN PoP according to the current geolocation.
- Personalize Content, e.g. resize images.
- Security, e.g. hotlinking protection.
Solution Architecture and Description
All the Lambda@Edge applications in this solution are published publicly on Amazon Web Services Serverless Application Repository (SAR).
SAR is a managed repository for serverless applications. In the repository, you can find and deploy the pre-built Lambda@Edge applications released through this solution.
To find the Lambda@Edge applications, it takes two steps: 1. Check box "Show apps that create custom IAM roles or resource policies". 2. Search keywords the "aws-cloudfront-extensions".
In the application detail page, you can "1-click" deploy your desired Lambda@Edge application into your Amazon Web Services account. After the deployment, you just need to complete a simple setup, for example, setting CloudFront Trigger, to use the Lambda@Edge function. Please see the deployment guide for more details.
One-stop Lambda@Edge best practices
Easy one-click deployment
Open Source and Customization
Browse our portfolio of Amazon Web Services-built solutions to common architectural problems.
Find Amazon Web Services certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Sign-up and start exploring our services.