Last updated: December 12, 2017.
- What Personal Information About Customers Do We Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Do We Share the Information We Receive?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Should I Be Aware of When Posting Information?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use the AWS China Site?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
The information we learn from you helps us personalize and continually improve your experience through using the AWS China Site and with the Service Offerings. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the AWS China Site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the AWS China Site’s features or the Service Offerings. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, making the Service Offerings available to you, processing billing and payment for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the AWS China Site and other content served by or on behalf of the AWS China Site on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by us or our affiliates, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us or the AWS China Site if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features.
Amazon: We work closely with Amazon in order to operate and provide the Service Offerings based on Amazon’s AWS technologies, and we may share Account Information with Amazon.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We also may work closely with other affiliated businesses who provide services, software and content to you in relation to the Service Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your use of the Service Offerings, and we may share Account Information related to those uses with that third party.
Third-Party Service Providers: We also may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering storage media or appliances, sending postal mail, e-mail or text messages or making phone calls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to Account Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- If a credit card is used as a billing instrument, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a bill or payment. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during payment processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer or mobile device.
The AWS China Site may also display personalized third-party ads or information using Account Information that customers provide, including information from activities such as using the Service Offerings. Although we do not provide any Account Information to advertisers or third parties, advertisers or third parties (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad are part of the group that the ad or information is directed towards.
We give you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the Service Offerings for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. The list of such information will change as the AWS China Site or the Services Offerings evolve.
If we find that you are posting any information that is prohibited by laws and regulations from being released or transmitted, we are entitled to immediately stop the transmission of such information, delete or otherwise remove the information, keep relevant records, and report the incident to competent authorities.
If other customers find that any information you posted has leaked their personal identities, invaded their personal privacy, or otherwise infringed on their lawful rights and interests, or that any electronic commercial information you released under our authorization is invasive or irritating, then these customers are entitled to request us delete the information you have posted or take other necessary prohibitive measures. We will carry out these measures in accordance with the law.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of the AWS China Site’s features, including using the Service Offerings.
- You can add or update certain information related to your account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
The AWS China Site does not sell services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use the AWS China Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Ningxia Western Cloud Data Technology Co., Ltd.
2nd Floor, West building of Finance Bureau, No. 55 Qingfeng Road, New District, Shapotou District, Zhongwei City,
P.R. China, 755000
Related Practices and Information:
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you register and set up your account, search, subscribe, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product or service; subscribe to the Service Offerings; provide information in your account (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one e-mail address when using the Service Offerings) or your profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, text message, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; participate in community features; and employ any personal notification services and features. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, ID or business license of the company you work for, and phone numbers; credit card information; e-mail addresses and contact information of other people; content of posts and e-mails to us; personal description in your profile; financial information; and other personal information, including ID card number.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable the location service on your device, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver communication more easily; Account Information, subscription information, and page-view information from some merchants we work with; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the search features; and search results and links.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at the AWS China Site include up-to-date information regarding recent subscriptions; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, mobile number, and password); payment settings (including credit card information); and e-mail notification settings (including warnings, special events, and newsletters).