Last Updated: June 18, 2021
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Location of Personal Information
- How We Secure Information
- Internet Advertising and Third Parties
- Access and Choice
- Children’s Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
Personal Information We Collect
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE US: WE COLLECT ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE IN RELATION TO THE OFFERINGS. SEE EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION YOU GIVE US BELOW.
- AUTOMATIC INFORMATION: WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT CERTAIN TYPES OF INFORMATION WHEN YOU INTERACT WITH THE OFFERINGS. SEE EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY BELOW.
- INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES: WE MIGHT COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM OTHER SOURCES, INCLUDING SERVICE PROVIDERS, PARTNERS, AND PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SOURCES. SEE EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES BELOW.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide the Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver the Offerings and process transactions related to the Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve the Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop the Offerings.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend the Offerings that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with the Offerings.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information. For example, we collect bank account information from Amazon Web Services Marketplace sellers for identity verification.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to the Offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote the Offerings. We might display interest-based ads for the Offerings.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, us, the Technical Providers, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
How We Share Personal Information
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through the Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party. For example, you can order services, software, and content from sellers using the Amazon Web Services Marketplace and we provide those sellers information to facilitate your subscription, purchases, or support.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to (i) comply with the law, (ii) enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property, or security, of us, the Technology Providers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you can decide whether to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
How We Secure Information
Security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We maintain a wide variety of compliance programs that validate our security controls. Click here to learn more about our compliance programs.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from Amazon Web Services China Site, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Internet Advertising and Third Parties
The Offerings may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services.
Access and Choice
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with the Offerings. See list of examples of information that you can access below. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Many of the Offerings include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain Offerings.
- Account Information: If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your account, please go to the Management Console. When you update or delete any information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Communications: If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, please unsubscribe by following unsubscribe guidance in the communications we have sent you. If you do not want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
- Browser and Devices: The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Children’s Personal Information
WE DON’T PROVIDE THE OFFERINGS FOR PURCHASE BY CHILDREN. IF YOU’RE UNDER 18, YOU MAY USE THE OFFERINGS ONLY WITH THE INVOLVEMENT OF A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
Retention of Personal Information
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Western Cloud Data, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to deliver our response and/or reasonable clarification to you within 30 days, or other period as required by applicable laws and regulations, following receipt of your inquiry. You may also contact us at the addresses below:
Ningxia Western Cloud Data Technology Co., Ltd.201, Building A, Zhongguancun Park, Ningxia University Zhongwei Campus, Shapotou District, Zhongwei, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, P.R. China, 755000.
If you interact with the Offerings on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization’s privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide information to us when you:
- search for, subscribe to, or purchase the Offerings;
- create or administer your account (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when using the Offerings);
- configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with the Offerings;
- register for or attend an event organized by us and/or our partners;
- purchase or use content, products, or services from third-party providers through the Amazon Web Services Marketplace (or other similar venues operated or provided by us;
- offer your content, products, or services on or through the Offerings or the Amazon Web Services Marketplace (or other similar venues operated or provided by us);
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request forms;
- post on Amazon Web Services China Site or participate in community features; and
- employ notification services.
Depending on your use of the Offerings, you might supply us with such information as:
- your name, email address, PHYSICAL ADDRESS, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- PAYMENT INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD AND BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
- INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LOCATION;
- information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us;
- YOUR IMAGE (still, video, and in some cases 3-D), VOICE, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend an event organized by us and/or our partners or use certain Offerings;
- INFORMATION REGARDING IDENTITY, INCLUDING GOVERNMENT-ISSUED IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION;
- corporate and FINANCIAL INFORMATION; and
- VAT numbers and other tax identifiers.
We collect information automatically when you:
- visit, interact with, or use the Offerings (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with the Offerings);
- download content from us;
- open emails or click on links in emails from us; and
- interact or communicate with us (such as when you attend an event organized by us and/or our partners or when you request customer support).
Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
- network and connection information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet and information about your Internet service provider;
- computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the location of your device or computer;
- AUTHENTICATION AND SECURITY CREDENTIAL INFORMATION;
- CONTENT INTERACTION INFORMATION, SUCH AS CONTENT DOWNLOADS, STREAMS, AND PLAYBACK DETAILS, INCLUDING DURATION AND NUMBER OF SIMULTANEOUS STREAMS AND DOWNLOADS;
- The Offerings metrics, such as offering usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs;
- THE FULL UNIFORM RESOURCE LOCATORS (URL) CLICKSTREAM TO, THROUGH, AND FROM OUR WEBSITE (INCLUDING DATE AND TIME) AND THE OFFERINGS, CONTENT YOU VIEWED OR SEARCHED FOR, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us; and
- identifiers and information contained in cookies (see our Cookie Notice).
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, PHYSICAL ADDRESS, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or third parties (such as products offered through the Amazon Web Services Marketplace) in relation to the Offerings;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and
- fraud history information or identity information from credit authorities or qualified institutions.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through the Offerings include:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- your subscription, purchase, usage, billing, and payment history;
- payment settings, such as payment instrument information and billing preferences;
- fapiao (or tax) information;
- email communication and notification settings; and
- if you participate in the Amazon Web Services Marketplace (or other similar venues operated or provided by us), your account, your status, subscriptions, and other information.
Customers can access the information above through the Offerings, such as the Amazon Web Services Management Console (including the My Account, Billing Dashboard, Bills, Payment Methods, Payment History, Preferences and Fapiao Management pages) and Amazon Web Services Marketplace.