Prior Version(s) of Amazon Compute Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region)
Last Updated: June 15, 2021
This Amazon Compute Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region) (this “SLA”) is a policy governing the use of the Included Services (listed below) and applies separately to each account using the Included Services. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the Amazon Web Services Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the “Agreement”), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
• Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)*
• Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS)
• Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS)
• Amazon Fargate for Amazon ECS (Amazon Fargate)
*For purposes of this SLA, Amazon EC2 includes any Amazon Elastic Graphics, Amazon Elastic Inference, and Elastic IP Address resources purchased with the relevant Amazon EC2 instance(s).
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Included Services available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.99%, in each case during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event any of the Included Services do not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below. The Service Commitment and Service Credits provided to you under this SLA will be provided to you only in connection with your use of Included Services from Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) region. This SLA does not authorize you to receive any Service Commitment or Service Credits from any other Amazon Web Services regions.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you (excluding one-time payments such as upfront payments made for Reserved Instances) for the individual Included Service for the monthly billing cycle in which the Unavailability occurred in accordance with the schedule below.
Monthly Uptime Percentage
Service Credit Percentage
Less than 99.99% but equal to or greater than 99.0%
Less than 99.0% but equal to or greater than 95.0%
Less than 95.0%
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments for the applicable Included Service otherwise due from you. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from us. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one Renminbi (¥1 Renminbi). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the Amazon Web Services Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
1. the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
2. the dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
3. the resource IDs for the affected Included Service; and
4. your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, this SLA sets forth your sole and exclusive remedies, and our sole and exclusive obligations, for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide the Included Services.
Single EC2 Instances
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that each individual Amazon EC2 instance (“Single EC2 Instance”) has an Hourly Uptime Percentage of at least 90% of the time in which that Single EC2 Instance is deployed during each clock hour (the “Hourly Commitment”). In the event any Single EC2 Instance does not meet the Hourly Commitment, you will not be charged for that instance hour of Single EC2 Instance usage.
Amazon Compute SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment and Hourly Commitment do not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination an Included Service, or any other Included Service performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the applicable Included Service; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party, including failure to acknowledge a recovery volume; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); or (iv) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use the applicable Included Service in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon Compute SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
• “Availability Zone” and “AZ” mean an isolated location within an Amazon Web Services region identified by a letter identifier following the Amazon Web Services region code (e.g., us-west-1a).
• “Hourly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of deployed minutes during any clock hour in which a Single EC2 Instance was in a state of Unavailability. Hourly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude Unavailability resulting directly or indirectly from any Amazon Compute SLA Exclusion
• “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of minutes during the month in which any of the Included Services, as applicable, was in the state of Unavailability. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude Unavailability resulting directly or indirectly from any Amazon Compute SLA Exclusion.
• A “Service Credit” is a Renminbi credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.
• Unavailable” and “Unavailability” mean:
o For Single EC2 Instances, when your Single EC2 Instance has no external connectivity.
o For Amazon EC2 (other than Single EC2 Instances), Amazon ECS, or Amazon Fargate, when all of your running instances or running tasks, as applicable, deployed in two or more AZs concurrently have no external connectivity.
o For Amazon EBS, when all of your attached volumes deployed in two or more AZs perform zero read write IO, with pending IO in the queue.