What does this Amazon Web Services Solution do?
Amazon Web Services provides a general media solution in serverless architecture.
As a demo, the solution leverages Amazon Lambda to implement a transcoding feature based on FFmpeg. The demo enables you easily complete video transcoding tasks such as converting file format, converting video encoding, etc without worrying about server configuration. The demo also comes with a friendly user interface that allows you to set up and start transcoding tasks.
Based on the architecture or sample code of this solution, you can quickly build your own serverless media solution in Amazon Web Services Cloud.
Amazon Web Services Solution Overview
The diagram below presents the architecture of this solution. You can reach out to Sales to retrieve solution's implementation guide and accompanying Amazon CloudFormation template.
- Amazon Lambda: Run core control logic and transcoding logic
- Amazon API Gateway: Process front-end requests and invoke Lambda function
- Amazon S3: Store the original video uploaded by the user and store the code of front-end Web UI
- Amazon Step Functions: Maintain a video transcoding workflow
- Amazon EFS: Store the result of segmented transcoding video
- Amazon CloudFront: Improve the speed for accessing the front-end pages
- Amazon DynamoDB: Store transcoding parameters and other configuration parameters
- Amazon CloudWatch: Log Lambda operation records
Serverless Media Solution
Last updated: 04/2021
Author: Amazon Web Services
Estimated deployment time: 10 min
Command Line Interface
100% Serverless Architecture
Browse our portfolio of Amazon Web Services-built solutions to common architectural problems.
Find Amazon Web Services certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Sign-up and start exploring our services.