Below presented are the architecture and the web portal of Service Workbench.
- Static web assets (front-end UI) are stored in Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront distributes these assets.
- Customers can choose OpenID Connect providers to provide authentication in all regions, or choose Amazon Cognito in regions where the Amazon Cognito user pool is enabled.
- Amazon API Gateway provides Rest API for backend.
- Amazon Lambda interacts with other Amazon Services to process the core logic of Service Workbench.
- User, permission, product status and other related information in Service Workbench are stored in Amazon DynamoDB.
- Amazon Service Catalog manage product templates in Service Workbench.
- Amazon Step Functions orchestrates product's deployment, stopping, termination and status checking.
- Use the Amazon CloudFormation template in Amazon Service Catalog to create the computing resources required for each product.
- Computing resources can read the research datasets from Amazon S3.
- Service Workbench administrators can release new products through Amazon Service Catalog.