Posted On: Jul 19, 2023
Today, we are announcing an update for Amazon CloudWatch Synthetics canaries to use the Synthetics Python runtime version 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3. This update includes the following new features and bug fixes
• Core dependencies upgraded
o Python 3.8
o Selenium 3.141.0
o Chromium 92.0.4512.0
• Supports custom canary handler name
• Supports custom launch arguments to Chromium including ability to open browser in incognito mode.
• Supports storing your canary run artifacts, including log files, screenshots, and HAR files, in an Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) bucket in another Region
• Improved precision of start and stop time
• Supports deletion of underlying canary resources along with the canary deletion. When you delete a canary, you can choose whether to also delete related resources created by the canary, thus making canary resources management easier and efficient.
Amazon CloudWatch Synthetics strongly recommends that you migrate canaries to the latest supported runtime version syn-python-selenium-1.3 to take advantage of the aforementioned features and bug fixes.
You can update a canary’s runtime version by using the Amazon CloudWatch console, Amazon CloudFormation, the Amazon CLI or the Amazon SDK. You can bulk update canaries by:
• Using an upgrade script. For more information, see Canary runtime upgrade script.
• Selecting up to five canaries at a time on the canary list page on the CloudWatch console, and then choosing Actions, Update Runtime.
Amazon CloudWatch Synthetics Python runtime version 1.1, 1 is available in both Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) Region, operated by Sinnet, and the Amazon Web Services China (Ningxia) Region, operated by NWCD. To learn more, go to the Amazon CloudWatch Synthetics User Guide.