Amazon Kinesis Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Ningxia Region)
Last Updated: June 17, 2021
This Amazon Kinesis Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Ningxia Region) (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of the Included Services (listed below) under the terms of the Western Cloud Data Customer Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Ningxia Region) (available at https://www.amazonaws.cn/agreement/ningxia and as updated from time to time, collectively with other agreements with us governing your use of our Services, the “Agreement”) between Ningxia Western Cloud Data Technology Co., Ltd. (“Western Cloud Data”, “us” or “we”) and you. This SLA applies separately to each account using the Included Services. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the Agreement, the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
- Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics (“Amazon KDA”)
- Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose (“Amazon KDF”)
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams (“Amazon KDS”)
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make each Included Service available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.9% during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event an Included Service does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below. The Service Commitment and Service Credits provided to you under this SLA will be provided to you only in connection with your use of the Included Service from Amazon Web Services China (Ningxia) region. This SLA does not authorize you to receive any Service Commitment or Service Credits from any other Amazon Web Services regions.
Service Credits are calculated in accordance with the schedule below as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for the applicable Included Service in the affected region for the billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below.
Monthly Uptime Percentage
Service Credit Percentage
Less than 99.9% but equal to or greater than 99.0%
Less than 99.0% but equal to or greater than 95.0%
Less than 95.0%
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments otherwise due from you for the Included Service. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the bank card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the Included Service did not meet the Service Commitment. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from us. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one Renminbi (¥1 Renminbi). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide the Included Services is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the Amazon Web Services Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
(i) the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
(ii) the billing cycle with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits together with the dates and times of each incident that you claim the Included Service was not Available; and
(iii) your Request logs that document the claimed incident(s) when the Included Service did not meet the Service Commitment (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage applicable to the month of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Amazon Kinesis SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of an Included Service, or any other Included Service performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the Included Service; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions from you or any third party; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iv) that result from a restart of an Amazon KDA application; or (v) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use the Included Service in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon Kinesis SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our calculation of Monthly Uptime Percentage, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- “Availability” or “Available” means:
- For Amazon KDF and Amazon KDS: the percentage of Requests processed by your Included Service account during each 5-minute interval that do not fail with Errors. If you did not make any Requests in a given 5-minute interval, that interval is assumed to be 100% Available.
- For Amazon KDA: for a given Amazon KDA application, the percentage of 5-minute intervals during a monthly billing cycle in which, at any point during the 5-minute interval, the application is either (a) in a non-running state or (b) in a running state and available to process data.
- An “Error” is any Request that returns a 500 or 503 error code, as described in the Included Service Common Errors page on the Amazon Web Services China Site, and, in the case of Amazon KDF only, is not caused by rate limiting or throttling.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated as follows:
- For Amazon KDF and Amazon KDS:
- the average of the Availability of the applicable Included Service for all 5-minute intervals in a monthly billing cycle.
- For Amazon KDA:
- the average of the Availability for all of your Amazon KDA applications in a monthly billing cycle.
- For Amazon KDF and Amazon KDS:
The calculation of Monthly Uptime Percentage excludes unavailability that arises directly or indirectly as a result of any Amazon Kinesis SLA Exclusions.
- A “Request” is a customer-initiated action of a type specifically listed as being supported by the Included Service in the Included Service API Reference Documentation on the Amazon Web Services China Site.
- A “Service Credit” is a Renminbi credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.