Amazon FSx Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region)
Last Updated: June 15, 2021
This Amazon FSx Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region) (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of the Included Services (listed below) under the terms of the Sinnet Customer Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region) (available at https://www.amazonaws.cn/agreement/beijing and as updated from time to time, collectively with other agreement with us governing your use of our Services, the “Agreement”) between Beijing Sinnet Technology Co., Ltd. (“Sinnet”, “us” or “we”) and you. This SLA applies separately to each account using the Included Services. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the Agreement, the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
- Amazon FSx for Windows File Server
- Amazon FSx for Lustre
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Included Services each available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage, as described below, during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event an Included Service does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below. The Service Commitment and Service Credits provided to you under this SLA will be provided to you only in connection with your use of Included Services from the Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) region. This SLA does not authorize you to receive any Service Commitment or Service Credits from any other Amazon Web Services regions.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for the Included Service in the Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) region affected for the monthly billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below.
Monthly Uptime Percentage
Service Credit Percentage
Less than 99.99% but greater than or equal to 99.0%
Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%
|Less than 95.0%||100%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments otherwise due from you for the Included Service. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the bank card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the Included Service did not meet the Service Commitment. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from us. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one Renminbi (¥1 Renminbi). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide the Included Services is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive Service Credits, you will need to submit a claim by opening a case in the Amazon Web Services Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
(i) the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
(ii) the billing cycle with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits together with the dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
(iii) the File System IDs, if applicable, of the affected file systems; and
(iv) your request logs that document the claimed incident(s) when the Included Service did not meet the Service Commitment (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Amazon FSx SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of an Included Service, or any other Included Service performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the Included Service; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iv) that result from failures of individual Amazon FSx for Lustre file systems not attributable to Region Unavailability; (v) that result from you not following the current technical documentation applicable to the Included Services (including the applicable developer guides) as posted by us and updated by us from time to time on the Amazon Web Services China Site; or (vi) that result from a suspension or termination of your right to use the Included Service in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon FSx SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- “Availability Zone” and “AZ” mean an isolated location within an Amazon Web Services region identified by a letter identifier following the region code (e.g., cn-northwest-1).
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of minutes during the month in which an Included Service is in a state of Region Unavailable. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any Amazon FSx SLA Exclusion. If you have been running an Included Service file system for only part of a month, that file system is assumed to be 100% available during the portion of the month that it was not running.
- An “Operation” is an instruction that allows you to access your data in your Included Service file system.
- A “Service Credit” is a Renminbi credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible Included Service account.
- “Region Unavailable” and “Region Unavailability” mean:
- For Amazon FSx for Windows File Server, that a multi-AZ file system is Unavailable, or both of your file systems in a replicated pair of Single-AZ file systems in separate AZs are concurrently Unavailable, during a 1-minute interval.
- For Amazon FSx for Lustre: that all your file systems in more than one AZ within the Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) region are Unavailable during a 1-minute interval.
- “Unavailable” and “Unavailability” mean for a given Included Service file system that all Operations fail.