Amazon Backup Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region)
Last Updated: June 15, 2021
This Amazon Backup Service Level Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region) (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of Amazon Backup under the terms of the Sinnet Customer Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Beijing Region) (available at https://www.amazonaws.cn/agreement/beijing and as updated from time to time, collectively with other agreements with us governing your use of our Services, the “Agreement”) between Beijing Sinnet Technology Co. Ltd. (“Sinnet”, “us” or “we”) and you. This SLA applies separately to each account using Amazon Backup. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the Agreement, the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make Amazon Backup available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage, as described below, during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event Amazon Backup does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below. The Service Commitment and Service Credits provided to you under this SLA will be provided to you only in connection with your use of Amazon Backup from Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) region. This SLA does not authorize you to receive any Service Commitment or Service Credits from any other Amazon Web Services regions.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for Amazon Backup in the Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) region for the billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below.
Monthly Uptime Percentage
Service Credit Percentage
Less than 99.9% but greater than or equal to 99.0%
Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%
Less than 95.0%
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments otherwise due from you for Amazon Backup. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the bank card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which Amazon Backup did not meet the Service Commitment. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from us. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than One Renminbi (¥1 Renminbi). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide Amazon Backup is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the Amazon Web Services Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
- the billing cycle with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits together with the dates and times of each incident of non-zero Error Rates that you are claiming; and
- your request logs that document claimed incident(s) when Amazon Backup did not meet the Service Commitment (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage applicable to the month of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Amazon Backup SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of Amazon Backup, or any other Amazon Backup performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of Amazon Backup; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iv) that result from you not following the current technical documentation applicable to Amazon Backup (including applicable developer guides) as posted by us and updated by us from time to time on the Amazon Web Services China Site; or (v) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use Amazon Backup in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon Backup SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our calculation of the Monthly Uptime Percentage, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- “Error Rate” means: (i) the total number of internal server errors returned by the Amazon Backup API as error status “InternalFailure” or “ServiceUnavailable” divided by (ii) the total number of Amazon Backup API actions for the applicable action type during that 5-minute interval. We will calculate the Error Rate for each Amazon Backup account as a percentage for each 5-minute interval in the monthly billing cycle. The calculation of the number of internal server errors will not include errors that arise directly or indirectly as a result of any of the Amazon Backup SLA Exclusions.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the average of the Error Rates from each 5-minute interval in the monthly billing cycle. If you did not make any actions in a given 5-minute interval, that interval is assumed to have a 0% Error Rate.
- A “Service Credit” is a Renminbi credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible Amazon Web Services account.