Qingdao – Amazon Web Services Joint Innovation Center is the first Joint Innovation Center project approved by Amazon Web Services and the first project of its kind in China. As one of the leading project of innovation and entrepreneurship in Qingdao, companies under incubation and acceleration receives many preferential policies and resources provided by the local government. The Qingdao – Amazon Joint Innovation Center’s goal is to recruiting and incubate startups from the globe, accelerate the digital transformation process of local traditional enterprises, develop cloud computing talents and entrepreneurs, and drive Qingdao and global international collaborations.
Qingdao – Amazon Web Services Joint Innovation Center is located in the city center of Qingdao Licang District which has a comfortable environment for both work and living. The location enjoys convenient transportation, favorable natural environment, gyms, and many restaurant and hotels. The total area of the Joint Innovation Center is around 30,000 square meters in a 25-story fully decorated building which including many independent offices, open office spaces, meeting rooms, and resting area in almost every floor. Within the building, companies can also gain access to large conference room, product demo center, and roadshow center. All facilities within the building are designed to bring maximum convenience and comfort to the companies and their staff members.
Qingdao – Amazon Web Services Joint Innovation Center is constantly developing the local startup and partner ecosystem in order to provide Amazon Web Services cloud resources, technical training and consulting, business support, financing support, public policy navigation, and other incubation services based on startup’s needs and characteristics to increase the growth rate and success rate of the startups. Incubator and accelerator are operated by local operation teams which have connections to government, industries, VCs, service providers, and potential business partners to the startups. These connections are often critical to startups in terms of getting the resources and help they need so that they could focus their attention on the business. In addition, companies that settled in the Joint Innovation Center and have their legal entity registered in the Licang District may apply to beneficial policies and resources such as tax reduction from local government (subject to government set requirements).
In addition to the complementary office space provided at Qingdao – Amazon Joint Innovation Center, the settled companies can receive up to 150,000 RMB or 25,000 USD in Amazon Web Services Promotional Credit up to 2 years subject to Amazon Web Services assessment and approval. Amazon Web Services also have dedicated team in the Joint Innovation Center to provide both business and technical support the companies. By working with Amazon Web Services professionals and utilizing Amazon Web Services cloud services, companies are more likely to reduce IT spending and drive innovation.
Qingdao – Amazon Web Services Joint Innovation Center is located in one of northern China’s most international costal city – Qingdao. As the first project of its kind at Amazon Web Services, internationalization is an important theme for both Qingdao City and Qingdao-Amazon Web Services Joint innovation Center. Global companies which successfully landed in Qingdao – Amazon Web Services Joint Innovation Center will have the opportunities to receive many additional beneficial policies and resources offered from both Qingdao Licang District Government and Amazon Web Services which including complementary office space and Amazon Web Services Promotional Credit. At the same time, based on the “Internet +” strategic development plan in Qingdao and the “4 + N” development plan in Licang District, companies in the industries of smart manufacturing, AI, IoT, cross-border e-commerce, new finance, new energy, and new materials will be considered in priority. Companies which have needs for Amazon Web Services product and services will also be prioritized.
- Receive up to 150,000 RMB or 25,000 USD in Amazon Web Services Promotional Credit for up to 2 years (amount varies by startup need, type and quality, subject to Amazon Web Services assessment)
- Receive up to 30,000 RMB or $5,000 USD in Amazon Web Services Support Credit to be used towards Amazon Web Services Support (Business Plan) for up to 1 year (amount varies by startup need, type and business model, subject to Amazon Web Services assessment)
- Access to complementary office space
- Access to in-building cafeteria, product demo center, meeting rooms, resting areas, and roadshow center
- Opportunities to participate Amazon Web Services SA Immersion Day and get educated in various technology topics
- Opportunities to participate Amazon Web Services training classes and Amazon Web Services professional service classes
- Access to mentor service provided by Qingdao JIC Operators which including mentors from local VC, industry partners, and successful entrepreneurs
- Opportunities to connect to local VC investors through event and introduction
- Opportunities to receive local government preferential policies such as tax reduction and other investment, etc
Want to join Amazon Web Services Joint Innovation Center? Apply now