Service Level Agreement for Amazon Directory Service for Amazon Web Services (Ningxia Region)
Last Updated: October 19, 2021
This Service Level Agreement for Amazon Directory Service for Amazon Web Services (Ningxia Region) (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of Amazon Directory Service under the terms of the Western Cloud Data Customer Agreement for Amazon Web Services (Ningxia Region) (available at https://www.amazonaws.cn/agreement/ningxia and as updated from time to time, collectively with other agreements with us governing your use of our Services, the “Agreement”) between Ningxia Western Cloud Data Technology Co., Ltd. (“Western Cloud Data”, “us” or “we”) and you. This SLA applies separately to each Covered Directory. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the Agreement, the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
- Amazon Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory
- AD Connector
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make Amazon Directory Service available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage for each Covered Directory, during any monthly billing cycle of at least 99.9% (the “Service Commitment”). In the event that a Covered Directory does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below. The Service Commitment and Service Credits provided to you under this SLA will be provided to you only in connection with your use of the Covered Directory from Amazon Web Services China (Ningxia) Region. This SLA does not authorize you to receive any Service Commitment or Service Credits from any other Amazon Web Services regions.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for a Covered Directory, including any additional domain controllers for the Covered Directory that are in use at the time the error occurred, for the billing cycle in which the error occurred in accordance with the schedule below.
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage|
|Less than 99.9% but greater than or equal to 99.0%||10%|
|Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%||25%|
|Less than 95.0%||100%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against future Amazon Directory Service payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credits to the bank card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the unavailability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from us. Service Credits will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one Renminbi (¥1 Renminbi). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability or non-performance or other failure by us to provide Amazon Directory Service is the receipt of Service Credits (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the Amazon Web Services Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
(i) the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
(ii) the billing cycle and Covered Directory identifier with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits, together with the Monthly Uptime Percentage for the Covered Directory in the billing cycle, and the specific dates and times for each Error Minute for the Covered Directory;
(iii) your Request logs that document the errors for your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such credit request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credits to you within one billing cycle following the month in which the credit request occurred. Your failure to provide the credit request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving Service Credits.
Amazon Directory Service SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of Amazon Directory Service, or any other Amazon Directory Service performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the Covered Directory; (ii) that result from any voluntary actions or inactions from you or any third party; (iii) that result from you not following the best practices associated with the type of your Covered Directory as described in the Amazon Directory Service Administrator’s Guide on the Amazon Web Services China Site; (iv) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (v) that occur during a time for which we does not charge you for the Covered Directory; or (vi) arising from our suspension and termination of your right to use Amazon Directory Service in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon Directory Service SLA Exclusions”).
If availability is impacted by factors other than those explicitly used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- A “Covered Directory” is an Amazon Directory Service directory from only one of the following services: (i) Amazon Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory, or (ii) AD Connector.
- An “Error Minute” is 1-minute of Directory Minutes in which all same-typed Requests to your Directory fail on all instances associated with the Directory. The total Error Minutes exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any Amazon Directory Service SLA Exclusion. If you did not make any Requests in a given 1-minute interval, that Directory Minute is not an Error Minute.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” for a given Covered Directory is calculated as one minus the sum of all Error Minutes for that Covered Directory in a billing cycle, divided by the Directory Minutes in the same billing cycle.
- “Directory Minutes” is the total minutes in a billing cycle in which the Covered Directory was installed and for which we charged you.
- “Requests” are defined separately for each Covered Directory product as follows:
- For AD Connector, Requests are for only Kerberos authentication, LDAP read, and create computer operations.
- For Amazon Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory, Requests are for only Kerberos authentication, LDAP read, LDAP write, create computer operations, access to the SYSVOL using a supported version of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol, and Domain Name Service (DNS) lookups.
- A “Service Credit” is a Renminbi credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.