Last Updated: September 29, 2018
This Acceptable Use Policy for AWS (Beijing Region) (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the Services provided by Beijing Sinnet Technology Co., Ltd. (“Sinnet”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meanings set forth in the Sinnet Customer Agreement for AWS (Beijing Region) available at http://www.amazonaws.cn/agreement/beijing. The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the AWS China Site. By using the Services or accessing the AWS China Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or AWS China Site for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive activities or content which include
The content which is prohibited by PRC laws and regulations (“Prohibited Content”). According to PRC regulations, Prohibited Content includes anything that:
- opposes the basic principles established by the Constitution;
- endangers national security, divulges state secrets or purports to subvert the national regime or undermine the unity of the nation;
- jeopardizes the honor and interests of the nation;
- incites ethnic hatred or discrimination, or undermines ethnic unity;
- undermines national religious policy or advocates heresies or superstition;
- disseminates rumors, disrupts the social order or undermines social stability;
- disseminates obscenity, eroticism, gambling, violence, homicide or terrorism, or instigates others to commit crimes;
- insults or slanders other persons or infringes upon other persons’ lawful rights and interests; or
- contains any other content prohibited by laws or administrative regulations.
Prohibited activities or content also include:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitation child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
- Classified Cybersecurity Protection or Multi-Level Protection Scheme (“MLPS”). The Amazon Cloud Computing Services System, Amazon Cloud Storage Services System and Amazon Cloud Network Infrastructure System operated by Sinnet are certified and graded at MLPS Level 3 and they can host customers’ applications and systems that are graded at MLPS Level 3 and below. It is your responsibility to file an appropriate MLPS application with the relevant public security authority for any applicable information system that you operate and use in accordance with the Cybersecurity Law of the People’s Republic of China, the Administrative Measures for the Graded Protection of Information Security and any other applicable laws and regulations.
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or AWS China Site. We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services or AWS China Site; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services or the AWS China Site.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please follow our abuse reporting process.